As another Thanksgiving passes (how is it already December?!), it is important to reflect on all we have to be thankful for. I truly feel this should be done year round, but now is a good time to be reminded of all that we have. So in honor of Thanksgiving, here are some things I am thankful for:
1. My family- My family might be large and extended (parents are divorced), but they are amazing. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life who support me no matter what!
The most incredible mother!
The most amazing siblings a girl could ask for!
The best dad and step-mom (along with my 2 beautiful sisters)!
2. Friends (both old and new)- I am so fortunate to have the most caring, supportive, humorous, and fun-loving friends! Some I’ve known practically my entire life, some are friends from college, and other friendships are more recent. Regardless of how long I have known them, each and every one of my friends has impacted me in some way or another and has made me a better person just by having them in my life!
3. Chloee (my yorkie)- The most lovable, loyal, and spunky dog! She is 8 years old, but still acts like a puppy. She makes me smile daily and for that I am thankful!
I mean, could she be any cuter?!
4. Running- Running has given me more than I could have ever imagined. It is my outlet when I’m feeling stressed. It has given me some of the greatest friends with whom I spend countless hours running tons of miles while catching up on life. It has allowed me to push my body out of my comfort zone to places I never thought were possible! Running is so much a part of who I am!
CPTC post club champs ’13!
Post Philly Half ’13
5. My health- I feel extremely lucky to be a pretty healthy person most of the time. I’ve been dealing with a bad case of IBS for a long time, but my symptoms have been under control (mostly) for a while now. I’ve had some running injuries along the way, but luckily there has been no permanent damage. I do not take my health for granted!
The list of things I am thankful for could go on and on so I’ll stop here! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! What are you most thankful for? Let me know in the comments below!